Plant shop by Passion For Flowers
Snake plants, spider plants, rubber plants, peace lilies, ferns, and English ivy are some of the best indoor plants for boosting oxygen levels and purifying the air.
SPIDER PLANT (CHLOROPHYTUM COMOSUM)
1. Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum) - Easy to care for and can grow well in various lighting conditions with well-draining soil.
BAMBOO PALM (CHAMAEDOREA SEIFRIZII)
2. Bamboo Palm (Chamaedorea seifrizii) - Grows in low to medium light conditions, keep them away from direct sunlight, and water occasionally with well-draining soil.
AFRICAN VIOLET (SAINTPAULIA)
3. African Violet (Saintpaulia) - Native to East Africa and require bright, indirect sunlight for healthy growth. Water regularly and use a well-draining soil.
BOSTON FERN (NEPHROLEPIS EXALTATA)
4. Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata) - They thrive in humid environments, bright indirect sunlight, and moist, well-draining soil.
PONYTAIL PALM (BEAUCARNEA RECURVATA)
5. Ponytail Palm (Beaucarnea recurvata) - Requires low to medium light and prefers to dry out between each watering. Extremely low maintenance.
CAST IRON PLANT (ASPIDISTRA ELATIOR)
6. Cast Iron Plant (Aspidistra elatior) - Capable of surviving in low to medium light, can tolerate lack of humidity, and prefer well-draining soil.
HAWORTHIA ZEBRA (HAWORTHIOPSIS ATTENUATE)
7. Haworthia Zebra (Haworthiopsis attenuate) - capable of growing well in low-light environments and require well-draining soil with minimal watering.
BABY RUBBER PLANT (PEPEROMIA OBTUSIFOLIA)
8. Baby Rubber Plant (Peperomia obtusifolia) - Requires bright, indirect sunlight and thrives in temperatures of around 15 degrees. Keep the soil damp but avoid overwatering.
CHRISTMAS CACTUS (SCHLUMBERGERA TRUNCATA)
9. Christmas Cactus (Schlumbergera truncata) - Grow well in partial shade and well-draining soil. Water moderately and avoid over-fertilization.
PARLOUR PALM (CHAMAEDOREA ELEGANS)
10. Parlour Palm (Chamaedorea elegans) - Requires medium indirect sunlight with well-draining soil. Ideal for humid conditions, water regularly to prevent the soil from drying out.
OUR HOUSEPLANT SHOP
Passion for Flowers Indoor Plants
Looking to fill your home with a bit of loveliness! Welcome the Passion for flowers Houseplant range.. Plants bring a smile to anyone’s face! Our houseplants also make the perfect gifts for every occasion!
A truely stunning plant.
Strelitzia nicolai is part of the Strelitziaceae family. It has clumping stalks and a fan shaped crown, leaves are simple and oblong shaped with a single main vein and multiple perpendicular lateral veins. In their native environment they can grow up to 12m and 4m wide, their leaves will split to tolerate high winds. Look out for them on your holidays in the Canarie islands.
Pot: ø 21cm.
Height: Approximately 120cm from base of pot.
Light: Bright indirect light, 6 hours of light per day. 4-5 hours of direct sun is tolerable also.
Water: Strelitzia prefer evenly moist soil; providing that the plant is receiving adequate light, water when the top inch of mix has dried out. Reduce watering in winter.
Potting mix: A well draining mix composed of coco coir, perlite or vermiculite, orchid bark and worm castings.
Fertilising: Feed your plant with a cactus fertiliser every other watering during the growing season or when you observe active growth. You can dilute fertiliser to half the recommended amount but never add more.